Documents related to Judge Sonia Sotomayor
In November 1991, President George Bush nominated Sonia Sotomayor to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York. The George Bush Presidential Library located sixty-two pages of records related to Judge Sotomayor's nomination. The documents consist of internal memoranda, biographical information and letters in support of Judge Sotomayor.
The first page of each document (the FOIA Marker) provides complete citation information for the documents that follow. The balance of the documents that begin with AF or FG053... are from the White House Office of Records Management Subject File. FG053 is the category classification for "District Courts, U.S." Each document is also individually numbered. The number can be found on the top of the first page.
Please note that the Lee Liberman files and two of the WHORM Subject File documents contain withdrawal sheets describing information exempted from release under Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) exemption ((b)(6). Information exempted for released under the FOIA is redacted in black with the exemption listed to the right or left of the redacted area. All of the information was exempted from release under because its release "would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy (5 U.S.C. § 552)."
- 25 pages - George Bush Presidential Staff and Office Files, Counsels Office, Lee Liberman
- 29 pages - George Bush Presidential WHORM Subject File (7 documents)
- 4 pages - George Bush Presidential WHORM Alpha File
- Liberman, Lee S., Files, Judicial Candidate Files, Sotomayor, Sonia
- Liberman, Lee S., Files, District Court Files, S.D. New York
- FG053, Document Number 220813
- FG053, Document Number 223130
- FG053, Document Number 245894
- FG053, Document Number 287695CU
- FG053, Document Number 289466SS
- FG053, Document Number 295541CU
- FG053, Document Number 337377CU
- Alpha File, Sotomayor, Sonia