Free Community Health Fair
Free health fair for all ages, featuring well-child checks and immunizations, flu season preparations, adolescent health and healthy lifestyle choices.
Talk Times and Titles
- 10:00: "See Jane Run! See Spot Jump! Physical Activity and Our Children's Health," Dr. Lisako McKyer, TAMU-Health and Kinesiology
- 10:45: "Bullying in Adolescence: What Every Parent Should Know," Dr. Jamilia Blake, TAMU-Educational Psychology
- 11:30: "Tips for Getting the Entire Family Ready for the Flu Season," Dr. Jennifer Griffith, HSC-SRPH
- 12:30: "The ABCs of Learning Disability," Terez Turner, TAMU-Dept. of Educational Psychology.
- 1:15: "Keeping Your Children Safe in the Car," Ms. Theresa Manthei, Brazos County Health Department
- 2:00: "Could You Stand to Lose? — Weight Loss Secrets for Office Workers and School Children," Dr. Mark Benden, HSC-SRPH
- 2:30: "Spare the Rod: Discipline Strategies for Parents," Dr. Sharon Wilkerson, HSC-CON.
See the attachment for more information.
- healthfairflyer.pdf (921k)