29_small.jpg
On loan from the Putnam Museum and IMAX Theatre, Davenport, Iowa, gift of Dr. R. W. Slack
China
Lacquered Wood with Hide Heads, Brass Nails
c. 1898

One drum is decorated with a phoenix and the other is decorated with a dragon. Colonel Koehler brought the drums back from the Philippines at the end of the Spanish-American War about 1898.